Classes cover all aspects of Speech and Drama and are structured to increase confidence, improve clarity of speech, fluency and self-expression. Students are encouraged to interact in a fun, lively and creative way. At the end of the series of classes participants will have an understanding of speech and drama and be able to communicate more effectively.
Speech and Drama Examinations are held yearly, they are optional and students are very much encouraged to participate. Orla believes that preparation for Speech and Drama Examinations is a valuable learning curve and a tangible achievement which students will always have. An Examiner from the Irish Board of Speech and Drama will exam students in each exam Centre.
The benefits of attending Speech and Drama Classes are vast and include the following:
- Increases Confidence
- Improves Communications and Interpersonal Skills
- Improves Clarity and Fluency of Speech
- Develops the Voice and Personal Awareness
- Encourages Individual Creative Styles
- Provides an Introduction to Drama and love of Literature
- Develops the ability to work with others and promotes a Team Spirit
- Develops Performance Skills
- Make new friends
- Great Fun!